“Stuck in them 20 somethings, stuck in them 20 somethings. Good luck on them 20 somethings, good luck on them 20 somethings. But God bless these 20 somethings.”
Dear 20 something,
What a crazy, fast-paced, never-ending decade of your life, right? We excitedly survived and exited our teen years with no intention of looking back. Puberty, hormones, and school/group work was hard enough. We were ready to live like never before (or at least like we saw everyone else doing when they entered their 20s). FREEDOM!!!! Or is it???
Partying was great without needing permission but then came that sneaky little bastard called responsibilities and before we knew it, we fell so far down this trap called adulthood that we’re not even sure we’re ready to celebrate another birthday.
The thing is… EVERYONE has to go through it. So, why not make the most of it. And by this I mean, we’re neither too young nor too old to discover who we are and make the most out of it even in our twenties.
So, for every millennial like myself, whose ever struggled along the way, from this day forward, I pray you’ll:
- Always walk in your truth.
- Remember that rejection is often God’s protection.
- Never ever settle! (Repeat 2x)
- Let go of anything and anyone who forces you to compromise your beliefs.
- Continue with your daily affirmations (If you don’t have any. Create some.)
- Lists! Lists! Lists! (Make many)
- Remember you were born with a PURPOSE.
- I know this new goal is your craziest yet, but keep striving for it anyway.
- It’s going to be hard but hard does not mean impossible.
- Yes, buy the book. You could never have too many.
- True love exists. Wait.
- Tell them how you really feel.
- Self Love is the one of the greatest things you can achieve. The younger the better.
- Don’t let lust blind you from their incorrect spelling.
- You’ll never need an excuse to be yourself.
- Ignore everyone else’s timeline for your life and continue traveling. Hell, that’s what your 20s are there for.
- Pray without ceasing. Religion isn’t for “old people” only.
- Your plans will not always work out your way, but God’s own will.
- Some friendships have an expiration date.
- You can forgive someone without welcoming them back into your world.
- Ain’t nothing like your parents’ love. Appreciate them while they’re still here.
- Protect your peace at all costs.
- You can’t quit now. You’ve yet to fulfill all God’s plan for your life.
- Plus, someone out there is depending on you to do what God has called you to do.
- Less likes on Instagram and more picking up the phone to check on them.
- Forgiveness isn’t only about them. It’ll make you feel better too.
- Don’t believe the social media hype (what is posted isn’t always true.)
- Do not choose the lesser life. I repeat, do not choose the lesser life.
- Stop being so hard on yourself and enjoy being 20 something!
Now for the good news. This applies to ALL AGES. It doesn’t matter if you’ve felt stuck for the past 13years.
That “where do you see yourself in 5yrs?” question, didn’t quite work out the way you answered it.
Or, you’re nearing that big milestone [40 – 50 – 60] wishing you were in your 20s again.
You can change your life right now by simply accepting the fact that you were born for more. And don’t worry, this isn’t going to be a long post with my deep philosophy or step-by-step guide to life. It’s quite simple really. Believe you were born for more. When you’ve finished reading this, go out and figure out exactly what that more entails. I’m sure it was worth the wait.